RENO–Climatologist Tim Brown of the Western Regional Climate Center will discuss the impacts of climate and weather on fire in the fourth session of the Living With Fire Virtual Series. The online presentation is June 10 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The Living With Fire Program is a part of the University of Nevada, Reno Extension and works to educate Nevadans on ways to reduce wildfire risks to homes and communities.
The Living With Fire Virtual Series continues into October. Sessions include:
- Protect, Prevent and Prepare with NV Energy on June 24
- Wildfire Smoke and Health on July 8
- Home Hardening Q&A on Aug. 12
- Reseeding and Flood After Wildfire on Sept. 9
- Prescribed Fire in Tahoe and Nevada on Oct. 14
The virtual series is free to attend, but registration is required. For more information about the workshop series or Extension’s Living With Fire Program, email Living With Fire at LWF@unr.edu or visit the Living With Program website.