LAS VEGAS–The Las Vegas Convention Center is emerging from the pandemic by opening a 1.4 million-square-foot expansion featuring an immersive and interactive digital signage system from Samsung. The news was announced recently by the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA), which operates the facility.
LVCVA officials say the digital installation—a 4.0mm Pixel Pitch LED Samsung video wall which spans 10,000 square feet—is the largest of its kind in a convention center in the U.S. Installation in the convention center’s West Hall began during the pandemic after Samsung was awarded the bid.
“This state-of-the-art facility cements LVCC’s position as a top global destination for meetings, events and tradeshows, and now as the unrivaled venue-of-choice delivering a superior digital experience for exhibitors and attendees alike,” said Sean Im, CEO, Samsung SDS America. “As economies enter a post-COVID-19 rebuilding phase, this transformation will position LVCC as a modern venue of the future as Las Vegas begins its tourism recovery efforts bringing the destination back to its full strength.”
The convention center project included a handful of other updates including:
- Samsung’s The Wall 1.2mm microLED technology will be featured throughout the West Hall on 14 overhead directional signage and three interior pylons to enhance visitor convenience and accessibility.
- Sixteen interior digital touchscreen 3D wayfinders visualize the entire facility to allow the viewer to not only take in the vast space but also help them get to their intended destination.
- Ninety-three meeting rooms feature Samsung’s 49” displays and allow sponsors to communicate their own content with their guests.
- Seven large overhead directional signs.
- An interactive mobile user interface app for convention attendees designed through the 22Miles system that offers turn-by-turn guidance, augmented reality and in-app features.
LVCVA officials said the signage and app solutions extend the Convention Center Loop, “the new underground transportation system that will whisk convention attendees across the sprawling campus in Tesla vehicles. The system’s three stations will feature more than 125 square feet of 1.2mm pixel pitch LED signage.”