RENO – Week five of the “Coping With COVID-19 Town Halls” continues with a webinar on Business Credit and Funding Friday, May 15. A town hall Q&A session with area business experts is also scheduled for Wednesday, May 13.
The series is produced by the University of Nevada, Reno Extension to provide additional support and guidance to small-business owners and open a platform for them to talk with other small-business owners.
The town halls and the webinars are offered in Spanish and English and are aimed at helping small businesses “pivot and adapt” during this challenging time.
This is the fifth week of sessions, which includes:
- This week’s town hall, Wednesday, May 13, 9 a.m. for English speakers and at 2 p.m. for Spanish speakers. Panelists include:
- Reyna Mendez, Extension business development instructor
- Juan Salas, Extension business development instructor
- Mike Bindrup, Extension research associate
- Saul Ramos, Small Business Administration deputy district director
- Alannah Ariel, HOPE Inside financial well-being coach
- Jeremy McVeety, Dream Spring community lending officer
- This week’s webinar, “Business Credit and Funding,” Friday, May 15, 9 a.m. for English speakers and at 11:30 a.m. for Spanish speakers. Mendez, Salas and Bindrup will focus on how to find and manage money during the COVID-19 crisis. Ariel and McVeety will also be on hand, as guest practitioners, to help answer questions. Topics to be discussed include:
- Understanding your business and personal credit score
- The five C’s on business credit analysis
- SBA loans and other funding sources
- Balancing cash flow priorities with vendors and clients
Both the town halls and the webinars are free, and usually run about an hour. To register or for more information, go to the Extension Business Development Program website at extension.unr.edu/busdev. There are also other resources at the website to assist businesses during the COVID-19 crisis. For more information, email Buddy Borden, economic development specialist with the Extension’s Business Development Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org.