RENO – Connect. Pivot. Adapt. University of Nevada, Reno’s Extension is helping small businesses get additional support and guidance during the COVID-19 crisis with a series of weekly online town halls.
The “Coping with COVID-19 Town Halls” will offer two formats with one-hour sessions Wednesdays and Fridays, and both will be offered in English and Spanish.
Wednesday sessions will feature a short presentation or preview of Friday’s webinar topic followed by a participant-driven discussion and question-and-answer session with a panel of professionals and educators available to help troubleshoot challenges. The Friday webinars provide information on specific topics to help businesses plan strategically, adapt and succeed.
This week’s town hall is at 9 a.m. for English speakers and at 2 p.m. for Spanish speakers, on Wednesday, April 22. Panelists include:
- Reyna Mendez, Extension business development instructor
- Juan Salas, Extension business development instructor
- Mike Bindrup, Extension research associate
- Saul Ramos, Small Business Administration deputy district director
- Marcel F. Schaerer, Nevada Department of Business & Industry deputy director
This week’s webinar, “The Canvas Model: How to Deliver Value to your Customers,” is at 9 a.m. for English speakers and at 2 p.m. for Spanish speakers, on Friday, April 24. Mendez and Salas will discuss:
- The nine essential building blocks for a successful business strategy
- Pivoting and adapting businesses for crisis
- Identifying customer segments
- The Canvas Model, a method that allows businesses to create, deliver and capture value by articulating different components of the business
- Creating and developing an efficient value proposition for customers
- Attracting, building and retaining customer relationships
To register or for more information, go to the Extension Business Development Program website at extension.unr.edu/busdev. There are also other resources at the website to assist businesses during the COVID-19 crisis. For more information, email Borden at firstname.lastname@example.org.