RENO – University of Nevada, Reno’s Extension continues its “Coping with COVID-19 Town Halls” series this week with an “Effective Social Media Strategies” Webinar Friday. A town hall panel discussion is also scheduled for Wednesday.
The series, which includes a virtual question-and-answer session every Wednesday, was designed to help small business owners talk with others for additional support and guidance. The “Coping with COVID-19 Town Halls” offer two formats with one-hour sessions Wednesdays and Fridays, and both will be offered in English and Spanish. Friday webinars feature a specific topic.
This week’s town hall is Wednesday, April 29, 9 a.m. for English speakers and at 2 p.m. for Spanish speakers
- Reyna Mendez, Extension business development instructor
- Juan Salas, Extension business development instructor
- Mike Bindrup, Extension research associate
- Saul Ramos, Small Business Administration deputy district director
- Nicole Taylor Sharp, Lev Social owner
This week’s webinar, “Effective Social Media Strategies” is Friday, May 1, 9 a.m. for English speakers and at 11:30 a.m. for Spanish speakers
Salas and Bindrup will focus on how to promote businesses during COVID-19, discussing:
- Transitioning from face-to-face business to online:
- During the crisis
- In the long term
- When to use which social media platform: When to use which social media platform:
- Developing marketable, noteworthy promotional videos
Buddy Borden, economic development specialist with the Extension’s Business Development Program said that the they hope to reach businesses across the state, in the north and the south, and in both urban and rural areas.
Both the town halls and the webinars are free, and usually run about an hour. To register or for more information, go to the Extension Business Development Program website at extension.unr.edu/busdev. There are also other resources at the website to assist businesses during the COVID-19 crisis. For more information, email Borden at firstname.lastname@example.org.